Monday, September 24, 2012

The Opple Archard and A Fuh-size

All day long I've been getting my words all tangled. This morning I was trying to explain how I was related to someone and I said, "my husband is married to his brother." What?!?! I corrected it but the tongue-twisting has continued. Tonight I was talking again and said, "Yes, like Moah and Noses." Everyone laughed. I tell that because this blog post isn't looking much better. I've had to rewrite this paragraph twice. So bare with me and I'll mainly stick to pictures.

We had a great time with Mom and Dad with the highlight being a first-time trip apple picking. It has to become an annual tradition because it was so good. We found a treasure apple orchard and Dad treated us to oodles of apples, fresh apple cider and apple cider donuts. I'm not a donut fan but these came highly recommended and were amazing!

There are finally pictures to share after friends enjoyed a mountain trip today and picked up our camera from the restaurant where I left it last week. Twisting words and forgetting stuff. I've been on a roll lately.

Photobucket
This is a favorite. I tried to crop myself in but you could totally tell...

Photobucket
Jason modeled fun for his boy

Photobucket
There were loads of apples. Our new favorite are jonigolds. Kind of like fujis in crispness and galas in sweetness. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Golden delicious. We picked a bushel full of these!

Photobucket

Photobucket
This place had a petting zoo...

Photobucket
...and bamboo forest to walk through!

Photobucket

Photobucket
And, just to prove I was there.

To top off the whole trip, on the way down the mountain a black bear ran across the road in front of us. I missed it but everyone else, including Levi, saw it. He still talks about it a lot alternating only between the bear story and stories of the moose his nana must be seeing as she and his papa are out visiting Montana. While Mimi and Papa sadly had to leave us Friday, rumor has it that when Nana and Papa return tomorrow a tiny, stuffed moose will be making its way to our house. Levi only knows another surprise is coming. He's been saying, "Fuh-size! Nana bing a fuh-size." The boy speaks my language. 

After today, I totally get fuh-sizes. 




1 comment:

The Frisk Five said...

Such awesome fun. We love visits like this! Miss you guys!