Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Has Come

This is long overdue to share. It's a story of redemption.

At the front of my hairline is a short grey hair that stands starkly contrasted to my other dark auburn frizziness. Jason or I would usually pull it out but this one is my reminder, a gift from India. I so totally earned that one and I plan to keep it. I've said it before, but I was touched by India on the deepest level. I was also under an intense amount of stress there. Thus the grey hair reward. 

Sometimes we see redemption this side of heaven. It's so beautiful to witness. And sometimes we never understand why things happen the way they do. A broken world leaves scars on us. While I understand that we often do not get a glimpse of good coming from the broken, hard things, Romans makes me know there is good to come:  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For Team India and our trials in India, good has come. We thank God for his provision.

We as a team were heavy-hearted not being able to leave a gift for the ministry that supports the hosts and children with whom we fell in love. When our flights were cancelled we owed every extra penny and then some to get ourselves home. Nothing was left for India. But because of our travel insurance, a very persistent husband and a miracle, we received the full refund allowable. And half of the check is allowed to be sent to India plus an additional $400 from a local church. Our hearts are so happy...and we have agreed that grey hairs and switched flights were totally worth it to be able to bless Shampa and her precious people with resources. 



Praise the Lord for his beautiful work of redemption and for allowing us to give financially to the precious children of India.

No comments: