Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bekah Boom

Two states away a girl is unpacking a car and a trailer full of boxes. Three years ago she packed them in brokenness and fear wondering what a job far away from family might hold. It was far from easy. And during the darkest time just months ago, God's promises were still true.

On Sunday I strapped on my special occasion shoes. The ones from downtown Jerusalem for my twenty-seventh birthday. I drove two hours and arrived just in time to celebrate the ending and beginning of a season. After ten years working with a company, being demoted and much injustice, her career was in shambles. And the breaking seemed too much. But God had promised. Never will I leave you. And out of the blue she received a call of apology and a vote of confidence. Manager. The word she'd been longing to hear but knew she never would. Pack your bags. It's a new season. You will be a manager.


So today I celebrate the mile high boxes and new season of hope for my "Bekah Boom". Few things are better than celebrating with the one who's wept with you, believed with you and held on with you through the storms. Today the sun is breaking through, and I am filled with joy for God's promises made visible.

1 comment:

Mom Harrell said...

BEAUTIFUL HEART WRENCHING STORY
THAT I CAN SAY AMEN TO! I CAN
SEE THE JOY IN YOUR FACES!! PRAISE THE LORD!
BEKAH JOY :)