Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day and Milestones

"You'll understand when you're a parent." I've thought about this all-too-familiar phrase a lot in this past year.

Now I think I do. Understand it, I mean. A whole new level of love and purpose filled me when our wee one burst into the world last Easter. And he has made me appreciate mine and Jason's parents so much more. What a significant job parents have taking an impressionable, helpless infant from the hospital and seeing them become a self-sufficient, healthy, contributing member of society approximately eighteen years later. Talk about needing a game plan.

So celebrating this second mother's day I reveled in the beauty and got one of the best presents a mom could ask for: a picnic, an exciting new book and...a mullet-free one year old. Video of the event to come this week!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

The Frisk Five said...

Cute pic. We miss you guys. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!