Wednesday, November 17, 2010


A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families. Psalm 68:5-6a

That was all a year and a half ago.

India requires parents to be 30. Jason just turned 27. The agencies we've looked at are temporarily closing their Indian adoptions.

Waiting is hard. Especially for an undefined time for a child of promise. Is this how Abraham felt when things looked so impossible and the promise came long before? When he was the only one who heard? Did he hear clearly? He must have wondered it. I hope he did because I have. Over and again.

But Hershey's Orphan Summit encouraged me that true faith is walking out what we believe even before we see it. That is the essence of faith, and that is why you are reading this post. Each post has been a step. I believe. We, Jason and I, believe. We invite you to believe with us as we wait and pray.

For her protection.

For her to know a family is waiting, wanting her.

And we are thankful that the time has not been completely silent. Often, in the mundane moments of life when my mind is caught up in mindless tasks, God whispers.

India.

It's happened more than I can count. And often, when I am out, I see visible reminders. God has even given a name for her. A name, that turns out, is a very popular Indian name.

Today, I told Levi about his sister because, I believe. And I wait.

Thank you for waiting and believing with us.

1 comment:

Martin LaBar said...

Remarkable.

May God guide you.