Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today and Some Yesterdays

Today we ran from 6 a.m. to now, 9:30 p.m. 

We got this beauty that now sits beside the van.  Jason believes the manliness of a jeep makes up for what the van lacks.  I’m a huge jeep fan so I can’t argue.  There’s no seat belt in the back yet but by tomorrow I’m pretty sure one will appear so Levi can ride in style.

IMG_5254

Today we also got the best news EVER.  Friends who are adopting and needed an absolute miracle in their court case got it.  Elated is not even the word!  God has been and is faithful as people cried out. 

Last week was the first week of school.  Welcoming back a full house, we had our first Frifest (Friday Festivity).  Tie-dye and a cookout for starters.  Tomorrow a slip-n-slide on the steepest hill on campus with water, soap and baby oil.  We’ll take pictures…but not of the broken appendages that are quite, quite possible.  ;O 

IMG_5239 IMG_5228

Jason added barber to his list of talents.  As if he’d need any more.  He’s good at just about everything…including cutting pineapple and making pigs in a blanket (which I needed for a shower today and he made singlehandedly!  Thank you, thank you!)

IMG_5241

And for today, as embarrassing as it is, I owe an apology.  If you were driving a silver car compact car in Pendleton and pulled behind my mini-van in the bank parking lot, my attitude was rotten.  I’m sorry.  I did feel convicted when I threw the car into drive (which set the wipers and fluid into motion) and squealed out.  I took it out on you.  An hour of a crying baby broke me down, but needless to say, so sorry.  Next time I’ll just spin my head in circles and skip the wheelies.

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

Sorry about the bad day. That's one way to confess!

The Frisk Five said...

I've had lots of those breaking down moments. I hear ya. Very awesome Jeep by the way.

Callie Nicole said...

Nice jeep! My husband would totally agree with your husband on the manliness issue too. :-) We used to have a minivan and he hated driving it!