Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Highest Power

In many parts of Central Asia (where we once lived), it’s expected a couple will have kids by their first anniversary.  And the pressure to do so can be intense!

I read a story recently about a couple at their wits end.  It had been a year of marriage with no children.  Shamed and desperate, they turned to the only power they knew:  a witch doctor.  After thirty minutes of chanting, an egg on the belly and some potion, the couple was sent away with promises a baby could be expected by the end of the month.  And that’s exactly what happened.  I was alarmed and saddened in my reading.  For almost a year Jason and I have been praying about children.  “Adoption or biological first, God?”  We were full of joy and peace believing His timing and answer is perfect and as excited at the hope of adoption as even having our own.  So we prayed, gave our hopes to God and waited.  (We got insight on adoption but didn’t, and couldn’t in many cases, move forward with anything.  So we’ve tucked away the promises (and dreams) in our hearts as we wait to see their fulfillment!) 

The day I read that story about the couple in Central Asia I said in my heart to God:  “We accept your answer, regardless!  You are all powerful and we will not turn aside for help from any lesser power.  You are trustworthy and good and with you all things are possible.  We want your will.”  Not even one week later I took a test and gasped at the two lines that stared back.  All without chants or eggs, simply by prayer and petition and power from the Highest Source.  Let Him be praised!

Yesterday, after a month of waiting and almost exploding from the news we’d kept in, we went to a doctor for confirmation.  And this was the picture we saw accompanied by the most beautiful heart beat we have EVER heard:

Baby Tegen 

Our sweet Baby Tegen!  He/she is 8 weeks and 3 days along meaning we’ll find out if this little inch worm is boy or girl in November and see their face sometime around March 31, 2010! 

What a miracle!

9 comments:

Kindel said...

This makes me sooooooo happy for you guys!!! J&K, I know you are going to make AMAZING parents!!! I love you guys!!!

Erica said...

I am screaming at the top of my lungs with excitement. Isn't God wonderful!!! Congratulations to you and Jason. I can't wait to see baby Tegen.

Love, Erica

Cody Thomas said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!

Jovi said...

my birthday is March 30!!!

Heath said...

Congrats you guys! We will be praying for everyone's health.

Misty Rowell said...

I am so excited for you both! You will be such wonderful parents. I love you both.

Martin LaBar said...

God's best!

The Williams Family said...

Love the ultrasound photo. And there's nothing like hearing that heartbeat! Can't wait to see photos in March '10!

whittakerwoman said...

So great! And such a great time of year to have a baby! Congrats! H