Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Confessions of a Wannabe Granola

A month ago I made a double batch of homemade laundry detergent.  I even taught some students how to make it.  Then I organized it with all the ingredients ready for the next batch and labeled the container with the recipe for quick replicating.  So proud of myself especially for not paying for Tide and being so domestic.  Until today!!  You had to know bad news was coming.

laundry

My soon-to-be marathon runner husband informed me his running clothes are not smelling mountain fresh after washing.  Really, he never bought into the idea of homemade detergent.  The kicker:  he’s been “borrowing” other detergents in the laundry room.  Watch out RAs….been noticing a lighter bottle?!  There’s reason for that!  Nurse Herron, we’ll have to buy you a whole new bottle I’m told.

So to my dismay I’ll be crawling into Wal-mart tomorrow to pick up not one but two bottles of laundry detergent.  *Sigh* 

And even though that’ll look like the white flag of surrender, I’m still holding out hope.  Thinking I’ll tweak the recipe and fill the new laundry bottle when it’s empty! ;)  Not sure if that’s defiance or ingenuity!!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I've read about this on other blogs - - - but to be honest, I just don't "get" it. My time is worth more than making laundry detergent. If I want to save $$$$ on it, I go to Dollar General.

Martin LaBar said...

Buy some fragrance and add it to the mix, and maybe he won't know the difference.