Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nothing changed. Everything changed.

Humbled. Unworthy. Honored. Empowered.  Walking with Jesus often materializes to a series of decisions, lines drawn in the sand.  Some are so small you don’t even think of them as decisions at all; others are huge, bigger than you can imagine.  Jason

Monday night a significant line was drawn for me.  As men & women who’ve had hands laid on them laid hands on me, I felt the heritage of generations who have faithfully walked with God and gone on to be with him, the power and incredible beauty of the calling, and somehow I crossed a line. 

Today I am the same man I was the day before yesterday, but my ordination yesterday was an affirmation and renewal of the beautiful new life God has given me and my commitment to follow and humbly serve him as he continues the good work.  The level of accountability is higher.  The freshness of the mission is clear.  The mystery of God desiring me to be a part of his story is overwhelming.

Praise be to him who loved me long before I ever thought of him.  

---------------------------------------------

I’ve been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 comment: