Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conquering Everest - The Miracle Story

Rushing to supper to help set up, I chuckled at the blood connection van parked in front of the church. It read "Blood Vessel." For some reason that was really funny to me, but that was all I thought about any blood...UNTIL a lady came to the dorm close to time for the van to pull out. "There is a shortage in the area and they need blood," she said. As a girl I mentor nervously agreed to go over, I felt kinda convicted. But we're talking about blood, and I don't do blood!

Then I heard a song playing that convicted me. Jason came up and told me he'd go with me. No, never! I'd get stuck again in that horrible state of cold, clammy sickness losing all blood in my head and not be able to escape it by passing out. Horror, dread! I knew it from the times I'd given just a vile for lab work.

But somehow I found myself walking, no running, toward the bus with a band of others. The finger prick even unnerved me...glad others were able to get a kick out of my dramatic faces. Then I decided, I control my body and it was just blood, right?! Never would have happened even two years ago. My how I've grown. So, I sat back, didn't look, talked nervously, and...I did it! So proud of my little body! And somehow, I think I just might do it again. Kinda feel like I conquered Everest tonight!

Thanks Jason for taking a needle with me and giving some life! You're the best!

1 comment:

Dad-Mom Harrell said...

WOW YOU TWO, I'M PROUD OF YOU!
KELLEY YOU'RE BRAVER THAN YOUR MOM,
& I CAN SEE YOU HAVE GROWN UP!

HEY...I SEE A LOT OF VISITORS TO
THIS BLOG BUT NO COMMENTS ?? :)

ANYWAY..IT'S GOOD TO SEE SOME GREAT THINGS GOING ON. THANKS FOR
STAYING IN TOUCH. WE LOOK FORWARD TO EACH ENTRY! DAD & MOM HARRELL