Saturday, November 22, 2008

The World Next Door

In Walmart the other day two dark-haired, dark-eyed little boys bantered back and forth in another language. I noted how cute they were but said nothing. We were in Produce. Down the Frozen Pizza isle I stopped resisting and asked. I had to know the language and where they were from. The mom hesitantly said Arabic then Jerusalem.

After picking out my groceries, I left to prepare a meal for a Central Asian family who would be joining us for dinner. That night we compared notes from the city they call home where we once lived for a year.

Then following night we attended a Thanksgiving party to welcome a SWU student's parents to America for their first visit. Chen Chen, from China, enjoyed having friends come to meet her Mom and Dad.

All these people from around the world within a 10 mile radius of our little apartment in Central, SC!

No comments: