Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vision

It's about small steps I've decided. For years we've enjoyed sponsoring a little Zambian girl who we call Euphie. It's been amazing to watch her swollen tummy shrink and her height and health increase! Each year's picture and reports show us a stronger little girl who is doing well...well...except in Science...we feel your pain little Euphie ;)!

Recently I have been overwhelmed with the amount of need in the world. I directed my out-loud thinking to God. How can I make any impact? Not long after I received the email to volunteer for World Vision at a local concert...and took the small step to do something.

It was a great night of music and people and twenty three kids were sponsored! One of my favorite stories was of a brother and sister who were part Filipino. They came with their mother to each chose a kid their age from the Philippines to learn more about their heritage and reach out at the same time. What a cool gift for a child!

You can catch the vision too! Sponsor a child through World Vision by clicking here.

(Note the time stamp. Just a glimpse of what coffee ice cream does to a body! Man...6:45 is going to come real early!)

No comments: